System Requirements to run "The Digital Universe"
Despite the high accuracy and extensive detail exhibited by the software,
The Digital Universe has been written with a maximum degree of compatibility
in mind. Even those with relatively modest computers will find the software
useful and easy to use.
The minimum system requirements to run The Digital Universe are:
The Digital Universe runs comfortably on any system capable of running Amiga OS4.
Even an OS4 equipped "Classic" Amiga with older PPC accelerator should be able to run the software,
our standards for a high level of performance were based on an 800 Mhz G4 Amiga One.
- Amiga OS4
- MUI 3.9 (included as contribution files with Amiga OS4)
- Amiga One, Amiga X1000, SAM or Classic PPC equipped Amiga running OS4
- 100 MB free memory, 180M B if using the extra large feature maps.
- 200 MB free hard disk space
- Display capable of high colour or true colour screens of 800x600 or greater
Not absolutely required but some useful utilities to enhance The Digital Universe operation are:
- MPEGA Datatype for playing the introduction theme
- OpenURL library for enhancing interaction with the Internet
- urltext.mcc for even better internet link handling